Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Teaser Tuesday ~ Prayers for Sale

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along.
For my second "teaser" of the day, I'm changing the rules. This time I'll tell you what teased me about Prayers for Sale. (I finished today's other teaser book in the wee hours of this morning, just after posting a teaser quote.)
What teased me about this book:

1st teaser: I saw the book on somebody's blog and was intrigued by the title, wondering who sells prayers?

2nd teaser: I got the book, started reading, and found this:
"It [the sign] says, Prayers for Sale. I'm asking how much do you charge, and is it more if you're in need than if you're wanting just a little favor? Do sinners pay more than the righteous? And what if the Lord doesn't answer? Do you get your money back?"
-- page 3, Prayers for Sale, by Sandra Dallas, 2009.

No comments: