Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Teaser Tuesday ~ Looking for Salvation at the Dairy Queen


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along. Just do the following:

* Grab the book you are currently reading.
* Open to a random page.
* Share two “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page.
(Don't give too much away and spoil the book for others.)
* Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers!
My teaser sentences:
"My mama and daddy had certainly left me a mess to sort out, and I couldn't think of a single verse of scripture that was going to comfort me as I came to terms with an adulterating daddy, a resurrected mama, and an expectant mistress with an imaginary fiance."
-- from page 236, Looking for Salvation at the Dairy Queen, by Susan Gregg Gilmore, 2008

2 comments:

Beth said...

Those are pretty compelling teaser sentences, Bonnie. If I hadn't already read Looking for Salvation at the Dairy Queen, those sentences would probably make me want to read it. I'll be interested to see your review of this book, if you do one.

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Beth, I attended a book club meeting to hear Susan Gregg Gilmore speak last night. I even got her to pose with me so I'd have a photo of the author to go with my review of the book. I'll try to get that posted today. Fun book, huh?