I've had questions and prompts for interviewing writers as part of my Book Review Outline, but decided I really need a separate post about interviewing writers. Here are some possible questions you could ask:
1. Tell me about your book. How did you come up with that (story, angle, idea)?
2. How did you get interested in writing this particular genre (historical novels, mysteries, sci-fi, children's books, etc.)?
3. What kind of research did you do for this book?
4. What's a typical working day like for you? When and where do you write? Do you set a daily writing goal?
5. What is the hardest part of writing for you?
6. What’s the best thing about being an author?
7. What are you working on now?
8. What advice would you give aspiring writers?
9. Do you have any favorite authors or favorite books?
10. What question have you always wanted to be asked in an interview? How would you answer that question?
11. If you were writing a book about your life, what would the title be?
(The last question comes from Lisa Roe. Thanks, Lisa, it's a good question.)
Wednesday Festival – This Week’s Nostalgia
4 minutes ago