Thursday, June 22, 2023

Thursday Thoughts


I got a couple of photos one minute apart the other day, that show how the sky seemed to open up and dump rain on us.  I laughed because I had just read these lines on page 168 of The Great Upending by Beth Kephart (2020, YA fiction, 288 pages, 9/10):

"I think it will rain."
"I thought the skies had forgotten how."
"I don't think the skies think," I say.
"Wish I didn't have to think," he says.

I had to laugh at such a coincidence.  I love Beth Kephart's writing!

Word of the Day

co·in·ci·dence / noun = 1.  a remarkable concurrence of events or circumstances without apparent causal connection.  2.  correspondence in nature or in time of occurrence.  Example:  "By coincidence, a heavy rain started shortly after I read those words."

No comments: