Thursday, June 17, 2021

Art, weather, animals, and a book about a little dog

We had an art class yesterday, and one aspect was how to frame a picture.  Each of us was given one of these frames with a cutout proportional to a sheet of paper.  I was facing the gazebo, so I framed it as I chose, and whipped out my iPhone to take a photo.

We had the hottest June 11 on record in St. Louis.  Today, it's supposed to be in the mid-90s, but tomorrow is going to 102° or more.

I volunteer to change the bulletin board beside the elevators on my floor, and this is what we've had up this month:  four pictures of cats/kittens and three photos of giraffes in an article about those "gentle giants."

I really loved 
The Little Dog in the Big Plague, a novella by C. C. Alma (2015).  I gave it a 10/10 rating.  Here are a couple of quotes:

"We think Ringo can smell the disease," Joni said.  "He likes people who don't have the bug.  And he likes you, so you're probably immune" (p. 46).
"Ringo felt so happy. . . . They were a pack now, a healthy, cooperative, productive pack.  He had done his job" (p. 64).

1 comment:

Helen's Book Blog said...

I think classes about photography and framing are really interesting. I always come away thinking about things in a new way.

The book seems very sweet.