"Thank you! I'm retired now, but I typed up a slightly revised version of this and printed out a dozen to give it a try. Living in a senior retirement center and making plans with lots of friends to get together or to do something for someone means I occasionally forget to jot it on my calendar. I'll try this out today, as a matter of fact. Looking forward to it."What else do I plan for the coming year?
|Barbara's cat Mindy|
- I'll write in my new Becoming journal.
- I intend to do more with my music, like regularly practicing the piano and teaching Gail to play.
- I'll miss the friends who died this year: Evelyn, Barbara, and Sandy
- I'll also miss their cats: Mindy (Barbara's cat, who moved to Vermont), Sasha (Sandy's cat, who moved out of Donna's apartment this afternoon), and Patches (Evelyn's cat, who has never appeared on my blog before).
- I'll exercise with our little group of friends on Friday afternoons, as we've been doing since April.
- I'll continue to clear out the books in my apartment, keeping only the ones I'm likely to read or re-read in this lifetime.
One way I'll do this "book removal" project is by climbing Mt. TBR, the challenge to read the TBR (to-be-read) books already on my shelves. My goal is to read at least 48 of them before the end of the year.
Now I need to finish these library books and get them out of my way, right? Right.