Thursday, December 12, 2019

Full moon at 12:12 a.m. on 12/12 (Dec. 12)

Tonight's full moon is at its very fullest at exactly 12:12 a.m.  That's 12:12 on 12/12.  I'm not the only one that finds that fascinating.  Here's what the Farmers' Almanac said about it:
"December’s Cold Moon turns 100% full on December 12th (12/12) at 12:12 a.m. Eastern Time."
I had read that a day or so ago along with this picture with all the 12s.  So I made plans and waited until just after midnight to zip down on the elevator and out the door to take that photo above.  Hmmm, it took me a minute to find where the moon was in the sky.  I had to move out into the parking lot, away from our tall buildings, to see it almost directly over the Crown Center.  There's a single light visible on the eighth floor of the other building, so you can see a bit of the Crown Center in the dark.  I went in smiling and shared the "12/12 at 12:12" photo with the staff support fellow on the desk tonight and came home to post this on my blog.

First, I looked up Farmers' Almanac for a quote.  Oops!  I failed to notice "Eastern Time" in what I had read, so I snapped that shot an hour late.  Actually, an hour and one minute late, since the cell phone says it was 12:13 when I took it.  Oh, well, I challenge you to see a difference in brilliance in MY full moon picture, which is kind of blurry, anyway.  It's still 12:12 to me.

No comments: