Friday, December 6, 2019

Melting cat

This melting cat is what I chose to leave at the top of my page when I stepped away from Facebook, from seeing pictures of traumatized children caged at our borders and one teen dying of the flu while caged, reading ad nauseam about a leader who cannot lead but has become a laughing stock mocked around the world, hearing about angry people, shootings, frustration, and lack of compassion and understanding.

My cat Clawdia in 2015
I'll spend time with my cat, looking out windows or brushing her or going for a walk, maybe even outside if it isn't too cold.

I'll leave you with this photo.  Laughing is good.  Can you see the cat?  Clawdia is black, but she seems to realize I cannot always see her.  She may not know she blends in like a shadow, but she somehow knows she's in danger on the floor and says "Mewp" when I walk in her direction.

2 comments:

Helen's Book Blog said...

That top photo is fantastic! I, too, have not been on facebook in ages and it feels good. There was far too much negativity, useless posts, and junk. I don't miss it.

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Well, I have to admit that you and I wouldn't have had the fun of seeing that "melting cat" if I hadn't found it on Facebook. I kept looking at what others had posted, hoping to run across something lighthearted and fun to leave at the top of my page. When I saw that cat, already labeled "melting cat," I knew I'd found what I was looking for.