Monday, August 26, 2024

Musing about a new book

The Unbreakable Brain ~ by Dr. Will Mitchell, 2015, nonfiction, 121 pages, 8/10
Is it possible to prevent dementia?  Or reverse it?  The answer is yes.  While the brain may still hold some mysteries, there is a lot we do know about getting and keeping it healthy and reversing the damage that might already be there.  Your brain is the interface between your mind and spirit in this world, but it is also a physical organ that, like all organs, has nutritional needs and chemical stresses.  Just like keeping a body physically fit requires exercise and nutritious food, a brain needs to be fed and exercised to stay strong or get stronger.

Musing:  I went over to our little library to read and think about this short book, but people kept coming through and wanting to talk to me.  So instead, I got in a few more steps by walking in the neighborhood, rather than reading.  Then I came home to finish the 121 pages.  Was it worth reading?  Yeah, I thought so.

My mother had Altzheimer's, and I'm starting to have trouble finding the word I'm looking for.  So when I ran across this short book in my reading, I decided to order a copy.

No comments: