Friday, August 2, 2024

Beginning ~ in the cold, cold winter

Beginning
It was winter.
Cold, cold winter.
Old Turtle sat
by the warm wood stove.
Old Turtle's Baseball Stories ~ by Leonard Kessler, 1982, children's picture book, 56 pages

While gathered around the wood stove in winter, Old Turtle tells his friends unbelievable baseball stories of Cleo Octopus, Melvin Moose, Clara Kangaroo, and Randy Squirrel.

Here's how I happened to be reading a book I'd never heard about.  My computer was down, so I called my library to request the Old Turtle books that I wrote about HERE.  The person who answered the phone found this "Old Turtle" book and decided it's what I wanted, even though the author doesn't match the other Old Turtle books.  (Yeah, "Leonard Kessler" doesn't sound at all like "Douglas Wood" to me.)  When Dave, the librarian who usually gets my books ready for delivery, called me a few days later, he added the ones I really wanted.  Ta-da!

No comments: