Sunday, April 30, 2023

A book, lost keys, and muffins

A Picture Book of Jewish Holidays ~ by David A. Adler, illustrated by Linda Heller, 1981, children's picture book, 32 pages

This book highlights the Sabbath, Rosh Hashanah, Yom Kippur, Sukkot, Simhat Torah, Hanukkah, Tu Bi-Shevat, Purim, Passover, Yom ha-Azma'ut, Shavuot, Tishah be-Av, and other Jewish holidays.  A resident donated this book to the Crown Center's library.

Lost keys (mine and hers)

Click HERE to see my dream last summer of searching for my keys.  This week, one of my friends had been walking in our neighborhood and realized when she got home that her keys were missing.  She walked back over the same sidewalks, but did not find her keys.  Nobody had turned them in to our office (she asked).  Imagine your own panic at losing car keys or house keys.  Now what?  So another neighbor and I went out to help her search.  It occurred to me that our area has apartment buildings and a preschool and a few businesses, so maybe someone turned in her keys to whatever place was nearest the spot she dropped them.  Long story short, I rang a doorbell, asked if any keys had been found, and a man held up his hand asking, "Are these the keys?"  Yes!  My neighbor was happy when I came back to our place waving her keys.

A friend shared her banana chocolate chip muffins, and I enjoyed every bite.  Okay, so I don't usually talk about food, but they're delicious muffins.

Bloggers gather in the Sunday Salon — at separate computers in different time zones — to talk about our lives, our books, and our reading.  Deb at Readerbuzz hosts the Sunday Salon.

4 comments:

Bellezza said...

I love your key story! How brilliant to ask around at the homes, with luck, too. I found someone’s Coach bag in the parking lot, and I couldn’t guess if they had been to the liquor store or dry cleaners nearby. So I kept the debit cards, to destroy them, and turned it in to the dry cleaners. At least the owner, who had no identification in her purse, won’t have her account emptied!

Vicki said...

Smart thinking on your part, and I bet your friend was very thankful that you found her keys!

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

What a clever thought you had! And what a great resolution to your story!

I'd love to learn more about the Jewish holidays. Somehow that has been a neglected part of my education.

Aj @ Read All The Things! said...

How lucky that you found the keys! I would have been panicking for sure.