Monday, July 11, 2022

Monday Musing ~ on the other hand

Musing about a nightmare
Yesterday, I tried to hang onto the nightmare that woke me up, so I could write about it.  I was saying to someone, "I can't right now because I need to find my keys."  I'm an old lady who tends to lose things these days, and I needed those keys so I could move my car before I forgot where the car was parked.  Yeah, I no longer have a car, but I did still have one in my dream.  Anyway, as I said those words, I raised my hands in frustration.  And right there in my hand were the keys!  Yep, I couldn't find my keys because my hand had been wrapped around them.  It was a nightmare, I tell you!  An old lady's nightmare.  LOL.

Musing about a lamp

During the night, a very loud CRACK woke me.  I discovered that my clip-on LED light had fallen.  The plastic clip had broken, and the whole thing fell with a clatter from the bookcase beside my bed.  This time, I decided, I'd buy a different brand because I had had THIS one barely over a year.  I was ready to throw the thing away, when it occurred to me to just break off the rest of the sharp plastic and loop the cord around the corner of the shelving.  It is now hanging haphazardly from an upper shelf.  Not only is this a throw-away when it burns out (because the light can't be replaced), but it was still working when it fell onto my floor.  The plastic clip is so flimsy, I could break off the remnant pieces with a couple of pliers, and I'm an old lady without much strength in my hands.  Hmm, didn't I just mention being an old lady?

Musing about a flower
This photo of a lotus flower was taken by Josh Peck in a local park and posted on Nextdoor.  Now that I cannot get out and go exploring around the neighborhood as I once did, it's nice to see photos like this online thanks to my neighbors, even ones I've never met.  Thank you, neighbor!

No comments: