Saturday, February 1, 2020

Cats and all that Hoopla

Why My Cat Is More Impressive Than Your Baby ~ by Matthew Inman, 2019, humor
This book is chockfull of comics about cats, babies, dogs, lasers, selfies, and pigeons.  It contains a vast wealth of never-before-seen comics, including informative guides, such as:
  • How to comfortably sleep next to your cat
  • 10 ways to befriend a misanthropic cat
  • How to hold a baby when you are not used to holding babies
  • A dog’s guide to walking a human being
  • How to cuddle like you mean it.
Includes a pull-out poster of:  How to tell if your cat thinks you’re not that big of a deal.
Click to enlarge image
Some of you may be users of Hoopla, but I've just discovered it tonight.  Nancy the Bookfool mentioned this book on Facebook and it sounded interesting, so I went to my library's website to see if they have a copy.  They do!  I clicked on it, only to discover it's an electronic item.  It turns out I can "borrow" it through Hoopla.  I've never tried anything like that, but I was willing to give it a try.  So I signed up.  I assumed I'd somehow download it onto my Kindle ... or something like that.  But no, I'm currently reading it on my laptop, where I am also composing this blog post.  The book will automatically go back to the library on some date (I think it was February 22, but I've turned the page and don't know if I'll figure out how to get back to that page.  In the meantime, I'm reading this book on my computer.  Here's the page I'm on (sorry, no idea what page number):
Cat quote:  "I'm here for a good time, not for a long time."
Babies will be around for years and years and years.  A cat?  Not so much.

Click to enlarge image
Got to the end of the book and discovered it automatically went back to the page telling me it would automatically return to the library on February 22 (yes, I remembered correctly).  There was also, on that page, and place to click that said, "Return now."  So I did.  I read the book straight through.  It isn't my kind of humor, so I rate it only 7 of 10.

No comments: