Friday, August 14, 2009

Teaser Tuesday ~ The Time Traveler's Wife


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading, which I found on Marg's Reading Adventures blog. Anyone can play along. Just do the following:
* Grab the book you are currently reading.
* Open to a random page.
* Share two “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page.
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS. (Make sure what you share doesn’t give too much away. You don’t want to ruin the book for others.)
* Share the title and author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR lists if they like your teasers!
My teaser sentences:
As I wrap my hair in a towel I see myself blurred in the mirror by steam and time seems to fold over onto itself and I see myself as a layering of all my previous days and years and all the time that is coming and suddenly I feel as though I've become invisible. But then the feeling is gone as fast as it came and I stand still for a minute and then I pull on my bathrobe and open the door and go on.

-- from pages 150-151 of The Time Traveler's Wife, by Audrey Niffenegger, 2003
(Today's not Tuesday, you say? Ooooh, you caught me, didn't you? But today's the first I'd heard of this great idea, and I simply couldn't wait. I'll try to do this on Tuesdays from now on.)

1 comment:

Linda Jacobs said...

I really loved this book. I hear the movie isn't as good but the acting and chemistry make up for it.