- a120-page book on Exercise and Physical Activity
- a 20-page booklet called Workout to Go
- a pamphlet on Exercise and Physical Activity: Getting Fit for Life
|Hosted by Joy's Book Blog|
This new exercise book explains the four kinds of exercises that I wrote about in July and then has an entire chapter with sample exercises for each of the four.
"Exercises generally fall into four main categories: endurance, strength, balance, and flexibility. Though we describe them separately, some activities fit into several categories. For example, many endurance activities also help build strength, and strength exercises can help improve balance" (p. 12).The categories (p. 13):
- Endurance — aerobic activities increase your breathing and heart rate.
- Strength — resistance training improves your muscle strength.
- Balance — these exercises help prevent falls, a common problem in older adults.
- Flexibility — stretching can help your body stay flexible and limber.