Monday, October 14, 2024

Pondering my world

I locked the brakes on my Rollator and sat down to rest.  Then I pulled out pen and paper and started musing about what I observed:

A butterfly fluttered by, and somewhere a person's landline phone rang and rang and rang, then rang again and again.  Oops, there it goes again, as I sit and ponder my surroundings while out walk around my neighborhood.

Cars zip by, in a hurry going somewhere — or nowhere in particular.  At my stage of life, I'm usually going nowhere and in no hurry to get there.  So here I sit, in a shady spot within sight of my apartment complex, using pen and ink to write my thoughts into existence on a sheet of tablet paper.  Yes, I do always keep pen and paper with me, wherever I go.  Why?  Because I'm wont to need them, like now.

I smiled at the word "wont" and looked up at a perfectly pale blue sky with nary a cloud to break the blue in any direction.  There's a cool breeze blowing my hair, and it's 80° (according to the weather app on my phone).

P.S.  You do know that "wont" means what I usually do or customarily do, right?

No comments: