Thursday, September 19, 2024

Thursday Thoughts ~ action for happiness question

If you can't read the illustration, it says, "Ask a trusted friend to tell you what strengths they see in you."  So I did.  I thought of three friends (one to the east of me, one to the west of me, and one here in St. Louis).  Then I sent the picture and asked:  "What do you see, trusted friend?"

One friend texted back immediately:
Generosity, willingness to help when possible, honesty. 
Another texted:
Bonnie, thank you for thinking of me as a "trusted friend!"  I think you are so smart (intelligent) & such a wordsmith.  Love to read and learn and share.  Desire to bring people together.  Well, i just think you are amazing!  😊

The third one said:

Strong sense of compassion, which causes you to act with compassionate ways.  Your intelligence informs your compassion so you do things in compassionate and kind ways.  I see wonderful strength in you.  I admire you.  You're quite open-minded.

That was yesterday's action for happiness question, but I'm sure it is okay for you to think about it and do it ANY day you choose.  Maybe I'm wrong to share my answers with all of you (all over the world ... yikes!), but it may make you smile.  And maybe, just maybe, it would be a great idea to tell a friend of yours what strengths you see in THEM.  I imagine it would lift spirits everywhere.

No comments: