Thursday, September 26, 2024

Books to ponder

That's Life: "Wild" Wit & Wisdom ~ compiled by Bonnie Louise Kuchler, 2003, wildlife, 112 pages, 10/10
Below the quotes from various thinkers chosen by Kuchler is information about the insect or animal or fish on the opposite page.  So the "wit and wisdom" is there, but also interesting things about the various living things pictured.  I loved the page showing two polar bears, where one seems to be gesturing to the other to please go ahead, if you like.  Another page (they are unnumbered) shows a chimp, seeming to ponder things as it nibbles on a weed in it's mouth.  On the opposite page are these words:  "Imagination is more important than knowledge.  Knowledge is limited.  Imagination encircles the world."
Calm Reflections: Inspiring Lessons for a Stress-Free Life ~ edited by Jo Ryan, 2004, inspiration, 128 pages, 10/10
Calm Reflections brings together an inspirational selection of powerful and life-affirming phrases that have in one way or another helped people to live less stressful lives, and combines them with evocative and gently amusing animal photographs that bring out the humor and pathos of the human condition.
I have several books coming in today's library delivery, but when the Book Bike came to our little library yesterday for a regular visit to the Crown Center, I got a couple more.  But that's not all.  While waiting (I arrived early (as usual for me), I checked out these two little gems from our own library.  Then I also got a couple of books from the Book Bike.  I don't know when to stop, do I?  I'll talk about the other books later.


No comments: