Sunday, September 15, 2024

Snoopy and other friends

Walking my dog

Since my cat Clawdia died, people have been asking if I plan to get another pet.  I've been telling them no, but today I noticed this little Snoopy dog on one of my tables and had an idea.  I strapped him onto my Rollator and sent this to few friends who knew I'd been getting in a lot of steps by walking:  "I realized I had not been walking my dog, so now I have an excuse to walk all over this place."

Having walked Snoopy, I decided to pick up my book with Snoopy dancing joyfully on the cover.  Peanuts Treasury by Charles M. Schulz was published in 1968.  I wrote about it before, so click HERE to read more about it.  I opened it randomly in the middle and found a very philosophical strip showing Charlie Brown and Lucy looking at something on the ground.  Lucy says, "Look at those stupid bugs.  They don't have the slightest idea as to what is going on in this world!"  Charlie Brown says, "What IS going on in this world?"  Lucy looks up at him and says, "I don't have the slightest idea!"  Yes, I love these characters.
I ran into an old friend Friday that I hadn't seen in a while, and we stood outside Walgreen's catching up before agreeing that we'll get together for lunch again soon.  Running into friends where there are good memories makes us smile and feel good, so this Senility Prayer makes sense to me:

Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.

Deb at Readerbuzz hosts The Sunday Salon.

1 comment:

Bonnie Jacobs said...

When she read my blog post today, my friend Jane shared her favorite Charlie Brown clipping. Here are the four panels:

Linus: "Life is difficult, isn't it, Charlie Brown?"
Charlie: "Yes, it is."
Charlie: "But I've developed a new philosophy."
Charlie: "I only dread one day at a time!"