Tuesday, September 17, 2024

This TWOsday is TOO much day

Do you ever make plans and then other people's plans start popping up and making yours difficult?  Today, the Crown Center will be testing smoke detectors in every apartment, starting at 9:00 a.m., so I have no idea when they will enter my apartment.

Then there's the Resident Council's rummage sale, where any resident could rent a spot to sell stuff they want to get rid of (and keep the money).  That's from 9:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m.  Notice they are at the same time.

That's two things, but another activity is an ice cream truck setting up at the entrance to my building at 11:00 a.m.  Each resident was given a ticket (it's for residents only) stapled onto a flyer, which was put in the box by our door.  The flyer tells us to use the ticket we received to get a free ice cream treat from the ice cream truck.

The flyer adds:  "Check out the Resident Council Rummage Sale while you enjoy your ice cream!"  People selling clothing may not appreciate that.

Those hoping to sell things set up their tables Monday in the Community Room, getting ready for the big day.  So I know there are clothes and jewelry and purses and kitchen supplies and small appliances and shoes and lots of stuff.

In the middle of all those things going on, a friend is picking me up at 11:30 to go have lunch at the Pasta House.  Sooooooo, do I use my ticket to get ice cream 30 minutes before she picks me up and eat my dessert before lunch?  I'm sure we won't be back here before the ice cream truck leaves at 1:00.

Maybe, just maybe, I can grab some kind of ice cream (other than a cone) that I could run back upstairs and put in my freezer for later.  Maybe.  Unless the line is too long for me to place my order.  I'm sure I won't be first in line.  Should I call my friend and suggest we go later?  That doesn't seem fair to her, though, does it?  What a conundrum!
Ooooooh, a word that's unusual enough that it could be defined for Wednesday Words.  Okay, I'll do it one day early this time.  So here's what it means:

Word of the Day = co·nun·drum / kəˈnəndrəm / noun = a confusing and difficult problem or question.

 Did I hear somebody say I should simply skip the ice cream and go to lunch?

No comments: