Monday, August 22, 2022

As the song says, we've got personality

Colleen posted this on her blog:  "INTJs are analytical.  Like  INTPs, they are most comfortable working alone and tend to be less sociable than other types.  Nevertheless, INTJs are prepared to lead if no one else seems up to the task, or if they see a major weakness in the current leadership.  They tend to be pragmatic, logical, and creative.  They have a low tolerance for spin or rampant emotionalism.  They are not generally susceptible to catchphrases and do not recognize authority based on tradition, rank, or title. — Meyers Briggs"

In a comment, she added:  "I already knew I was a INTJ from other tests."

I left her this comment:  "Ha!  I am also INTJ, according to an official Myers-Briggs test I took with a work group decades ago.  I definitely fit the profile.  I was told, though, that I was right on the cusp for one category:  the I or the E.  When I asked, the person who administered the test said it's all about how I would go about refreshing my energy.  I realized I definitely want to be alone to recharge (like an Introvert) because a party with lots of people tires me out (unlike an Extrovert).  We are kindred spirits, Colleen!"

The Myers-Briggs personality test was developed in the 1940s  — to classify the various ways people perceive their environment and behave accordingly.  The test has four categories: introversion or extroversion, sensing or intuition, thinking or feeling, and judging or perceiving. Each individual is assigned one of the two traits in each category, which produces the 16 different MBTI personality types that we know today –– such as INTJ or ESFP.  Here are the people shown on the illustration:
  • INFP = A. A. Milne
  • INFJ = Mahatma Gandhi
  • INTJ = Ayn Rand
  • INTP = Albert Einstein
  • ISTP = Frank Zappa
  • ISTJ = George Washington
  • ISFJ = Mother Teresa
  • ISFP = Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis
  • ESFP = Peter the Great
  • ESFJ = Henry Ford
  • ESTP = Winston Churchill
  • ENTP = Benjamin Franklin
  • ENTJ = Napoleon Bonaparte
  • ENFJ = Martin Luther King, Jr.
  • ENFP = Oscar Wilde
I've written about Myers-Bringgs before, so go ahead and explore what I said in 2013 and in 2021.  It's a fascinating subject.  Click HERE if you want to learn more.

No comments: