Monday, August 8, 2022

It will make me laugh, I'm told

The Unorthodox Arrival of Pumpkin Allan ~ by Suzie Twine, 2014, fiction (UK), 246 pages
An uplifting and moving story of Lois and Tom’s relocation from London to a surprisingly quirky, rural hamlet.  Tom falls off his mountain bike just days before they take ownership of Honeysuckle Cottage, leaving a pregnant Lois and her close friend to collect the keys to their new home.  Finding her dream house fraught with unexpected problems, Lois becomes sick with worry that she should never have persuaded Tom to leave the city.  But, as they settle, glitches with the cottage are resolved, and a wonderfully eclectic mix of friends, enemies, crooks, and eccentrics is revealed within this extraordinary community.  Lois and Tom’s  wedding and the birth of the baby happen in very quick succession, with a melodramatic twist as uninvited guests arrive at the home delivery.
"I highly recommend this to anyone needing a laugh and a little sunshine in their day!"  I ran across this recommendation as I was trying to decide which of the books on my friend Donna's Kindle I should read next.  I could use a few laughs, so this is what I'm reading today.

1 comment:

Helen's Book Blog said...

I think it is difficult to find books that are light and funny. I hope this is a good one.