Monday, August 29, 2022

A post from the past

Yesterday, I was looking for something that I'd written in a long-ago post.  I didn't find it, but I did discover how interesting it was to re-read things I shared many years ago.  Here's what I posted on July 14, 2016:  Visiting my sister.

Yesterday, I drove 484 miles from St. Louis to Chattanooga, Tennessee, where I am staying with one of my daughters.  Today, I drove another 45 miles from there to visit my sister Ann and her daughter Amy.  I had lots of traffic delays both days, but good visits with my family.  This photo shows my sister and me.  I'm holding their dog Ellie.

That's all I wrote.  You may wonder why I chose to share this post, in particular.  I had to borrow money to make that trip, which I considered very urgent.  My sister Ann had been placed on hospice care and died not many days after my visit.  This photo records the last time I ever saw her.

1 comment:

Helen's Book Blog said...

I see the family resemblance, what a lovely photo.