Sunday, June 26, 2022

Sunday Salon ~ reading and discussing books

Book o'clock?  For me, every day has some time for books and reading in it.

 
Sunday Salon is for online discussions among friends.  Are you part of a book club or online book discussion group?  Which do you prefer?  Sitting around a room in easy chairs?  Sitting around a table?  Having a ZOOM discussion so you can stay home?

Here's a link to 50 book club discussion questions, starting with ...
  • How did the book make you feel?
... and going through different kinds of questions to ask, whether you discuss a novel or nonfiction.
  • Which parts of the book stood out for you?
  • What was your biggest takeaway from the book?
  • If the story could be told by one of the other characters, which character’s perspective would you prefer to hear?
  • Did you learn something you didn’t know before?
Thank you, Wondermom Wannabe.

Bloggers gather in the Sunday Salon — at separate computers in different time
zones — to share what we have been doing during the week.  
Other Sunday Salon musings are linked at the bottom of Deb's Readerbuzz post.

2 comments:

Helen's Book Blog said...

I have been in a couple book clubs in the past, but both petered out and I wasn't too sad that happened in the end (one had been running for over 20 years). I found that I was reading books I didn't like a lot because someone else chose them. But, my old high school friends zoom every 6 weeks and we have been reading a book each time. The change this time around is that if I don't like the book, I abandon it and don't feel guilty.

Bonnie Jacobs said...

That sounds like a perfect arrangement, Helen. I talked to a friend this evening and have decided I may get involved with the church book club again, one I haven't attended for a long time, partly because of the pandemic. So I just now put their August pick on reserve at my library. It also happens to be a book I checked out for myself a few years ago and never found time to read before it was due. Reading it now makes sense, with a goal of discussing it with old friends (and probably some new ones who've joined since I last attended).