Tuesday, June 7, 2022

A frog and another shooting

Someone on NextDoor posted this picture, asking, "Does anyone know what kind of frog this little guy is?  He showed up today on our table on our patio."  Someone told her it's a gray tree frog who will eat bugs.  Another neighbor said a big toad follows her around when she's gardening and had jumped up in her lap the day before.  She has even given that toad a name:  Toad-o.  I love it!  The original poster thinks this frog is "a cutie," saying she’ll have to come up with a name for him.

While I was putting this blog post together, I read in the news about people dead after a mass shooting in Chattanooga, TN.  One article said "downtown," but a photo of a building at the scene looks to me like one on McCallie near the Ridge.  This news jumped out at me because Chattanooga is my hometown, and I know that area.  The Chattanooga Times Free Press said:  "3 dead, 17 victims total after shooting on McCallie Avenue in Chattanooga.  Two killed in gunfire, one killed by car while fleeing."  (So I was right about the location.)  In all, 14 people were shot and three more were struck by a vehicle.  I am so sick of reading about mass shootings and gun deaths in the news.

That wasn't the second of the two things I wanted to share on
this TWOsday, but it's what's on my mind now, unfortunately.

No comments: