Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Year of the Tiger

It's time to celebrate the Chinese Year of the Tiger.  Thanks to Nancy the Bookfool for posting this picture on Facebook.

Jane and Donna and I went out to eat Chinese to celebrate the Chinese New Year in 2012, which happened to be the Year of the Dragon.  We all wore red that day, and I slid out of my seat to snap this photo of them eating at our favorite Chinese restaurant in Chattanooga.  I'm using this photo of them because they were both born in the Year of the Tiger, though two cycles apart.  Unfortunately, Jane died at the end of December 2013, a few months before I moved to St. Louis, and Donna died in July 2021.  With Covid out there, we probably could not or would not have done it again.  But I love this photo.  Anyway, happy new year!

No comments: