Sunday, February 6, 2022

It's Sunday, but Monday's coming

This photo shows the outside of "the link" between the two buildings of the Crown Center.  I'm showing it today because the link between the Tallin building (on the left, ten stories high) and the Weinberg building (on the right, eight stories high) will be torn down tomorrow.  The doors have already been closed, so both ends are shut off, and we have to walk outside (in the snow, this week!) to get from one building to the other.

This photo shows the hallway between the two buildings, with what we call the "link desk" in the center.  That door on the right, just beyond the "link desk," opened to the Weinberg Lounge.  It's part of that link, behind the windows on the right in the top picture.  Tomorrow's demolition is the beginning of construction of a new building where the (former) back parking lot has now been fenced off.

This heart of snow represents the snow still on the ground here in St. Louis.  We had two inches on Wednesday and seven more inches on Thursday, for a total of about nine inches.  The wind blew it into drifts between cars in our parking lot, drifts which looked to me like a couple of feet deep, at least in the wind-swept peaks of the drifted snow.  What can you do, with snow on the ground?  Read!  So what books have been on my agenda?

I read 13 books in January, but I confess that I've been doing more writing on my blog in February than reading.  Nothing has grabbed me.  I woke up today resolved to read something exciting, and I've decided that means The Midnight Library by Matt Haig I wrote about it at the end of January (click the title link).  I never sat down and read it, so that's today's book.  Yes, I think I'll start right now.  Ta-da!

Deb at Readerbuzz hosts Sunday Salon.

2 comments:

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I've enjoyed seeing all your posts in January, Bonnie. I hope Midnight Library is just the book you need for right now.

And I hope the new construction is completed with a minimum of disruption!

Helen's Book Blog said...

I hope The Midnight Library grabs you, it's so frustrating when no book quite seems to be the right one.

What a pain to have to walk outside in the cold and snow to go from one building to another, but I hope the new building ends up being nice.