Thursday, October 14, 2021

Beginning ~ with his aspirations

Introduction ~ Nothing Brainy about It
"Unlike most of my colleagues, I didn't grow up with a deep-seated desire to be a doctor, let alone a brain surgeon.  My earliest aspiration was to be a writer, likely triggered by a boyhood crush I had on a grade school English teacher" (p. 1).
Chapter 1 ~ What Makes You You
"It was 1992 when I first saw a living human brain, a powerful and  life-changing experience for me.  It was, and still is, hard for me to believe that so much of what we are, who we will become, and how we interpret the world resides in that intricately woven bundle of tissue" (p. 29).
Keep Sharp: Build a Better Brain at Any Age ~ by Sanjay Gupta, 2021, self-help, 320 pages
Discover what we can learn from "super-brained" people who are in their eighties and nineties with no signs of slowing down, as Gupta debunks common myths about aging and cognitive decline.  He also provides a personalized twelve-week program featuring practical strategies to strengthen your brain every day.
I also wrote about this book earlier (click here). 


3 comments:

Elza Reads said...

For a non-fiction, the writing style is very engaging. Seems really interesting.

Have a good weekend Bonnie!

Elza Reads

Roberta Gibson said...

I love the advice, go for a walk with a friend! Very nice.

Cindy said...

Sounds like an engaging read, enjoy!