Monday, October 11, 2021

Ball walker vs. heel walker

I learned about the difference between a ball walker and a heel walker four years ago on Facebook, and I've found the video on YouTube to share on my blog with you.  You can also view the video here.  (Click on the links.)

Many decades ago, my dad taught me to walk this way (on the balls of my feet) when I want to be especially quiet.  "Like an Indian," he said, though that is no longer PC (politically correct).  Try it, and see for yourself.  I do it these days when I don't want Clawdia to hear me moving through our apartment and come running to ask for food or a walk in the hall.  I don't remember ever telling my own children about this way of walking, though.

1 comment:

Goldendaze-Ginnie said...

Hi Bonnie ... that's a cute remembrance. My mother had very good hearing and I remember doing the ball walking if I didn't want her to hear me ... it never worked and she kept an eye open and ears alert on all 5 of us !