Thursday, March 25, 2021

Thursday thoughts

Sharon bought a mountain bike and brought it out into the hall tonight so I could see it.  She's excited, and I think she'll have a great time riding it around here.

We got another gift bag today, this one from the Occupational Therapy students at Washington University.  Thanks for the goodies and for being so thoughtful.


Donna finished another Bananagrams layout this evening.  Click to enlarge the picture.  I learned a new word from this, which is why I'm sharing it.  I thought "spiegel" was a name, which I don't think is allowed.  But no, Donna got it right.  A spiegel is (1) a mirror, or (2) the level of a liquid, or (3) the white (or light-colored) mark on an animal — like this deer, for example.  This information and the picture are both from Wikipedia.

2 comments:

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

Isn't it lovely to think that others took the time to send a gift bag? I'm always delighted to find something interesting in my Little Free Library.

Helen's Book Blog said...

I love that the students at Washington University are doing the care packages. During this time it's great to hear that someone is thinking of us. Once you and Donna are both 2 weeks past your second vaccination, can you hang out together in person?