Thursday, September 8, 2011

BTT (#11) ~ Queue

btt buttonI don't think of my books as being in queues, but that's our assignment for this week's Booking Through Thursday.
What are you reading now?
Would you recommend it?
And what’s next?
Funny you should ask. Tuesday, I started reading Peony in Love by Lisa See (2008) that I borrowed from my roommate.  That same day, I came home from the bookstore with Adam & Eve by Sena Jeter Naslund (2010), so I put aside the first book because this one looked so intriguing.  Wednesday (yesterday), I picked up Abundance: A Novel of Marie Antoinette by Sena Jeter Naslund (2006), that was on hold for me at my library and also brought home Can't Wait to Get to Heaven by Fannie Flagg (2006) that I found among the bargain books -- well, I couldn't just not GET it, could I?  Four books in two days?  Yep, but I really want to keep reading Adam & Eve, that I wrote about here.


Would I recommend it?  Yes, so far I would definitely recommend it.  What's next?  I'll go back to Peony in Love, since I got 28 pages into it on Tuesday (and since it is borrowed from a friend).  That will be followed by Can't Wait to Get to Heaven because I "can't wait" to enjoy Fannie Flagg's humor again.  Then I'd better read that library book:  Abundance: A Novel of Marie Antoinette, that I wrote about here.


Being an overachiever (can't you tell?), that's twice as many titles in the queue as we were asked for. To top that, I'm also reading two or three (or four?) nonfiction books that I'll continue to plug away at until I finish them.

13 comments:

Kailana said...

I loved Peony in Love!

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Lisa See is a very good writer, so I'm looking forward to Peony in Love. I've been meaning to read it for some time, and now's the time.

Claire said...

That's a lot of books. I can't read more than one at a time!

My BTT is here if you'd like a look.

Anonymous said...

We're probably all overachievers. My TBR-pile keeps growing. Good luck with your reading :-)

Anonymous said...

My reading queue is so long that I couldn't recommend individual books from it in my BTT.

Betty: Reflections with Coffee said...

I'm reading so many at the same time too! It was hard to limit my answer to one book on BTT, but I know which book when it arrives (pre-ordered) I'll forsake all in the queue.

Anya Millar said...

I love reading about Marie so I'll be interested in your review. . .

House Millar - BTT

Aine

Anonymous said...

This is my first introduction to Peony in Love. I will have to look for it. My BTT

Lisa (Southern Girl Reads) said...

I read Lisa See's Snowlower and the Secret Fan and LOVED it. Enjoy your book - whichever one you decide on. ;)

Anonymous said...

Abundance looks interesting,and so does Peony In love.

http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/09/booking-through-thursday_08.html

Anonymous said...

Love Fannie Flaggs! Here's my BTT. Happy reading!

Karen Harrington said...

I'm just about to start Lisa See's SHANGHAI GIRLS, which is my first book by this author.

Marg said...

I have the latest Lisa See sitting on my shelf to read! I do really enjoy her books!