It's Monday! What Are You Reading? post came online at its scheduled time, I was sitting near a window during the major wind and rain storm, trying to read during a power outage. I had no idea my daughter was sitting in a closet with her granddaughter. There was so much rain that my street flooded just south of me (photo above). All over town, there were detours around traffic accidents and trees that had fallen across roads. Traffic lights were out in several parts of town. Overall, it was a mess around here!
But I kept reading through the storm! Yes, Robert Fulghum's What on Earth Have I Done? (2007) is that engrossing.
He lists some "conversation lifeboats" (pages 233-235) that he tosses out to keep things lively, anytime anywhere. Here's a chance for you to TALK BACK to me by answering some of his questions.
15. What ability/talent do you not have but would like to have?
20. If you could live one short episode of your life over again -- a day, week, month -- which would it be? And why?
7. If you could be an eyewitness to some event in history, which one?
12. Decisions of consequence -- what forks in the road were on your Way -- and what if you had taken the other path?
3. What would you have learned to do it you knew then what you know now? (Another language, for example.)
11. Answer an unasked question -- something you know but nobody would ever ask about and you would never volunteer.