Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Library Loot ~ one book

On Monday I read what Sheila of Book Journey said about the novel If I Stay by Gayle Forman, immediately put it on reserve at the library, picked it up on Tuesday, and read it straight through that evening.  Sheila said:
"The last normal moment that Mia, a talented cellist, can remember is being in the car with her family. Then she is standing outside her body beside their mangled Buick and her parents’ corpses, watching herself and her little brother being tended by paramedics. As she ponders her state (Am I dead? I actually have to ask myself this), Mia is whisked away to a hospital, where, her body in a coma, she reflects on the past and tries to decide whether to fight to live. Via Mia’s thoughts and flashbacks, Forman (Sisters in Sanity) expertly explores the teenager’s life, her passion for classical music and her strong relationships with her family, friends and boyfriend, Adam.  This is our Bookies Book Club read for February."
Library Loot is a weekly meme co-hosted by Claire from The Captive Reader and Marg from The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library.  Marg has the Mister Linky this week, if you'd like to share a list of the loot you brought home.

3 comments:

Helen's Book Blog said...

Oh, I really liked this! Enjoy

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

OOH - I have not even started the book yet but I have a feeling it is going to be GOOD!!!

Kailana said...

Oh, I hadn't wanted to read this. Forgot all about it!