Thursday, July 14, 2022

Reading ruminations and recycling

Ruminating on some quotes

Fresh Scars
 ~ by Donna Mumma, 2021, fiction (Florida), 305 pages, 8/10

  • "I must finish this," she said the words aloud, because she was an auditory learner, and things stuck better with her if she heard them" (p. 57).
I stopped reading to ponder this because I am a visual learner.  I took copious notes in my college classes because I needed to SEE the words on the page to remember what the professor was saying.  It's a good thing I could write rapidly!
  • "Ivy in her cheerleading uniform. ... Asia in her band uniform playing her flute" (p. 104).
This is a good description of the differences in these sisters.  I was the sister in the band, making music.
  • "How did you end up in Tennessee?"  "I wanted to live in the mountains" (p. 107). 
I lived in the mountains — actually, I lived ON a mountain near Chattanooga.

Recycling

Here's some plastic that can be recycled by taking it back to the store, at least here in the St. Louis area:
  • grocery and retail bags
  • clean produce and bread bags
  • wrap from toilet paper
  • wrap from cases of water
  • wrap from paper towels
  • newspaper sleeves
  • clean zip-top food storage bags
  • bubble-wrap ~ deflated
  • air packing pillows ~ deflated
  • dry cleaning bags

No comments: