Sunday, April 3, 2022

Things on my mind today


On February 25, 2022, President Joe Biden nominated Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson to become the 116th Associate Justice of the United States Supreme Court.  She was educated in a public high school and an Ivy League Law School.  Her career includes Supreme Court clerking, Public Defender, Sentencing Commission, District judge, and Court of Appeals judge.  It appears to me that she is more qualified than all the rest of the other justices put together.

Seeing the blue and yellow in these illustrations reminds me about the war in Ukraine and the suffering of the people there, hoping it will be over soon.

For some reason, I haven't been actually reading as much these days.  I'm currently reading The
 Strange Journey of Alice Pendelbury by Marc Levy (2011, fiction, 283 pages) on my Kindle.  I'm enjoying it, but . . . maybe it's just that "Spring has sprung" and I'm restless.

My monthly calendar from the folks at Action for Happiness calls this month Active April, and I've jumped in with these three activities at the beginning of April:  I committed, I went outside (and taking Clawdia with me when I can)
, and I'm exercising my body.

Okay, one more thing for today  playing with words.  You know I'm a word person, so I'm going to try to be "punny" now.

Sarcophagus in the esophagus?
Mummy in the tummy?
Tut in the gut?

Someone on Facebook came up with these three great possibilities to call this sarcophagus of King Tutankhamun's mummy as it passes through this figure.  (You do know that 
Tutankhamun is commonly referred to as King Tut, right?)

Deb at Readerbuzz hosts the Sunday Salon.

Looking at this whole post, I see it's all blue and yellow today!

10 comments:

Mark Baker said...

I'll be playing some ultimate Frisbee this afternoon, so that one picture is appropriate.

Aj @ Read All The Things! said...

I like the sound of Active April. Right now, I'm waiting for the sun to come up so I can go running. I hope you have a great week!

Anonymous said...

You seem to be keeping busy lately and not shying away from reading the news. I too hope for some kind of peace in the Ukraine and an end to the violence. We can hope. Hope you get your reading habit back!

Mae Travels said...

Interesting book choice! I read it a while back, reviewed it here:
https://maefood.blogspot.com/2021/04/the-strange-journey-of-alice-pendelbury.html

I hope you enjoy better weather soon. I hope WE ALL enjoy better weather soon!

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

Helen's Book Blog said...

The situation in the Ukraine is just devastating. I was there ages ago and it is such a beautiful country.

Active April is a good theme as I've been a bit delinquent lately. Got to get back at it on a daily basis so thank you for the reminder.

Have a great week!

Vicki said...

What's going on in Ukraine is so horrible, I hope it ends soon!

Your post made me think, then sad, and then it made me laugh more than a few times.

I hope you have a great week!

Goldendaze-Ginnie said...

I like the BIG yellow (joy shared) and try to do that when possible. Also, I am a great advocate for daily exercise ... even if it's simple as mine has been for over 20 years ... I simply do the Tai Chi warmup exercises and it helps a lot.

Gretchen said...

April is definitely a great month to get outside and get moving. I always feel better when I do.

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Helen, I've signed up for an exercise class, starting tomorrow, called "Music and Movement." It will meet in our fitness center, which is finally opening back up after two years. I imagine we will still be widely spaced, since this pandemic is not completely over, but at least it is not exercising in my apartment with a ZOOM class.

Tina said...

We are trying to walk more at home. Fortunately we are on acreage and this gives us abilty to walk without driving somewhere. My goal is to lose some weight so it's less stressful on my knees!