Sunday, April 10, 2022

Eating and reading

Emma came to have lunch with me on Friday (April 8, 2022) at the Circle@Crown Café.  She had the Avocado Panini with onion on it, and I had a Mediterranean Panini and a baked potato.  Speaking of food . . .


Here are a couple of easy recipes.  Hmm, now I'm hungry for that salad and banana bread.  I think they would be delicious together.  I also enjoy Greek food, but here's someone who doesn't like Greek eggs and lamb:

April is National Poetry Month, so a pun about Dr. Seuss is appropriate today.

What I'm reading now

We Turn to Face the Sun ~ by Stephanianna Lozito, 2022, fiction, 290 pages

Jennifer Rossi is a 35-year old professor who is tormented and exhausted by a broken and painful relationship with her younger sister, Tara.  When Jennifer receives shocking news about Tara, she begins a quest to uncover answers she may not want to find.  As she learns more about her sister, she becomes more alone and confused.  Jennifer must face up to her complicated relationship with Tara — or lose herself in the process.  This story examines sisterhood's loving bonds through the complexity of death, grief, loss, and love.
Sunday Salon is hosted by Deb at Readerbuzz.

3 comments:

Mark Baker said...

Love that Dr. Zeuss cartoon. Then again, I love Dr. Seuss and a good pun, so combined is great.

Anonymous said...

I never heard of the book you are reading but it sounds so interesting. Nice that you had a luncheon out and enjoyed it. I laughed at that Dr. Zeus pic. So cute!

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I'm crazy about that Dr. Zeuss cartoon. So funny!

And We Turn to Face the Sun as a story about sisterhood sounds wonderful.

Have a great week, Bonnie!