Wednesday, September 1, 2021

WindowSwap on Wednesday

It's been ages since I last mentioned WindowSwap.  If you click on the link, it "opens" a window at some random place around the world.  People share the view from their windows, and when I opened it last night, I got a view out the front window of a car on a highway.  That was a first for me.  It feels strange, zooming down some strange highway!  When I clicked again, I watched some birds on a bird feeder outside someone's window in Maryland.  Try it, and maybe it will "take you places" even if you are still hunkered down at home during this pandemic.  I "went" to Denmark, Sweden, France, South Korea, Canada, New Zealand, Serbia, and Turkey before clicking to a window with two birds on two different feeders in Perth, Australia.  If you enlarge the photo, which was in an article about WindowSwap, you may be able to read in the top right corner that the cat is looking out a window in Qatar.

2 comments:

Jinjer-The Intrepid Angeleno said...

Thanks for reminding me about this. I love clicking around sometimes and haven't for a long time. I just clicked around and got a doggie sitting on a bench in front of a window looking like he was listening to every noise outside his window. Then he laid down and his ears continued listening. lol I like that you can bookmark windows so I can check back on him later.

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I loved visiting WindowSwap when you first shared this, Bonnie. I hoped our days of being confined to our homes had ended...but I think I will make the best of it, and visit this lovely site again. Thank you!