Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Two activities ~ snacking and coloring

This is the second blue bag I've received this year, both full of goodies to nibble, nosh, and drink.  This one has balloons on it.  Inside were these kitten socks for my birthday, socks that came from Hallmark — who knew Hallmark had socks?  The little black kitten could be Clawdia, except it's missing the white spot below its chin.  Being a word person, I love the name across the top as much as the socks:  "Toe of a Kind."  Someone was very clever to come up with that.  Lauree and Tiny gave me this blue bag as well as the earlier one that I lost, and then found).  They are such sweethearts.

Yesterday, I ran across The Unwind, an article by the people at Yahoo, detailing how they are finding calm during quarantine.  One has been gardening, one adopted a cat, and another came up with Gratitude Sundays.  One family has been watching animal videos online, and the writer shares links, if this interests you.  I was intrigued by the one who decided it was time "to jump on the adult coloring train."  I may print out this picture and color it myself, since it is one of the free coloring pages among the links this person shared.  What have you been doing to stay sane during this time of social isolation and lockdown?

3 comments:

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I feel like I'm doing okay, and then I feel overwhelmed with sadness.

Bonnie Jacobs said...

I understand completely, Deb. When I received the book being given to book club readers here at the Crown Center for Senior Living, tears actually came to my eyes. And I've never been someone who cried over "nothing" like that.
https://bonniesbooks.blogspot.com/2020/05/a-book-exercises-and-our-cafe-re-opening.html

I read an article last week that explains why we feel anxious and stressed from being in isolation. They say it's "pandemic brain fog" that's making us feel exhausted. Here's a link:
https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/n7jap8/allostatic-load-is-the-reason-you-feel-anxious-stressed-from-isolation

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

Interesting. I had decided that I am not a person who likes to be by herself, but "pandemic brain fog" is a much more fascinating description.