Saturday, April 27, 2013

Mini-Challenge ~ Share a Quote

Mini-Challenge for Hour 14:  "Share a quote from the book that you are reading or books that you've read during this read-a-thon.  I love quotes, so I would really love hear the one that made a big impression on you.  Or that you've found it completely hilarious!  Or that you've simply found it beautiful!  Doesn't have to be long or anything."

Here are the opening lines of Krik? Krak! by Edwidge Danticat:
"They say behind the mountains are more mountains.  Now I know it's true.  I also know there are timeless waters, endless seas, and lots of people in this world whose names don't matter to anyone but themselves."
The young man behind these thoughts is at sea, drifting in a flimsy boat away from Haiti.  Makes me wonder:  How endless are those seas, anyway?

1 comment:

Nea said...

Woah! This is what you call an inspiring quote!! OMG I love it! :) :) Truly.

Hope you had a great time at the readathon! :)