Tuesday, June 12, 2012

My grandson is in the news

Kendall, in December, giving children rides on the fire engine.
"A Hixson woman survives a house fire Monday, thanks to members of the Dallas Bay Fire Department. ... firefighters Adam Ward and Kendall Jacobs rescued the woman and her two dogs from the second floor, while Firefighter Tiffany Gensemer put out the flames..."
Wow!  Just "wow" is all I can say.  Read the whole Channel 3 News article and a similar article from the Chattanoogan.com.  Read my blog story about children at the firehall.

2 comments:

Helen's Book Blog said...

I am impressed every time I see a story like this, saving lives must just be such an amazing experience! Congrats

Bonnie Jacobs said...

It may be even more impressive, Helen, if I mention that it's a volunteer fire department. See that word "volunteer" on the door of the fire truck? Kendall and the others still had to get up today and go to work at their regular day jobs.