Friday, December 16, 2011

Friday Five ~ to-do lists

Earlier this week, I found the book tree on the left, which Helen @ Helen's Book Blog also posted this morning.  Then Wednesday, Sheila @ Book Journey posted the book tree on the right, made by the husband of a book club member.

Then Nancy @ Bookfoolery and Babble showed us the "Top Ten Ways for Cat Owners to Get into the Christmas Spirit" (this is Nancy's copyrighted photo of Izzy in their tree).

Then my artist friend Jane sent an email saying:
"Your Christmas tree up yet?  Mine is!!!!!!!  Highly unusual for me to be this organized.  Has the world tilted on its axis?  Something must have happened for me to be ahead of my usual lateness.  If you're out running around drop by.  I should be home part of the day at least!"
This is my way of getting to the point, that I do not yet have a tree up.  And today Jan @ RevGalBlogPals chose "to-do lists" as our Friday Five subject.


No matter how organized you are, there must be some things you still need to do.  For this Friday Five, tell us five things on your Christmas "To Do" List.  Include anything you have decided to skip doing this year.  As a bonus, give us something that helps you remember why this season even exists.

Only five?  I hadn't planned on having my whole family here, since we were getting together at the home of one of my daughters.  But plans have a way of changing, don't they?  To allow them to come as they are able, I'm having an open house on Christmas Eve.  And I'm not ready!
1.  Since we have two cats, we don't want a real tree.  Therefore, the first thing on my list is make a book tree, using the two above as inspiration.

2.  Take all the boxes still in the dining room to storage so we'll have room for people in our apartment.

3.  Vacuum, dust, polish furniture, make the faucets shine, etc.

4.  Make or buy snack foods.

5.  Wrap gifts, which was all I thought I was going to need to do.
What's still on YOUR to-do list?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the book trees. Happy Holidays and best of health and happiness in the New Year, Bonnie.

Bookfool said...

Actually, we don't have a tree up, either. :) That's last year's tree. The cats were a little wary of it, at first, but then they started trying to eat bits of it and climbing into it and away it went, into the attic. We've opted not to bother with a tree, this year. Maybe if the girls calm down a bit in 2012! Have a lovely Christmas and Happy New Year, Bonnie!

Processing Counselor said...

Loved your list and your blog which I will now follow! I love books...

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Thanks for the pic Bonnie! I am going to (possibly) try to do the book tree this weekend in my book room :)

My tree is to up yet... I am debating either this weekend or waiting for my son to come home from college next week to assist :)

Helen's Book Blog said...

Great to do list, I hope you got it all done. I think I am going to make a book tree next year in my library (talk about finding a use for the dusty books no one ever checks out)