Monday, December 19, 2011

Anticipating Christmas

Raegan. my 2-year-old great-granddaughter, is pointing out to Gigi Bonnie (I'm behind the camera) which ornaments on Nanny's tree she likes best.  The first one she picked honors her great-grandpa Clyde, who died in June.

If you click on this photo, you'll see Jaxon's eyes are red because he started crying when his beloved Grandpa handed him over to his mother.  My great-grandson is a year old, and he wanted Grandpa, now!  It worked, didn't it?


Raegan got two folks to read to her tonight: her Gigi Bonnie and her grandpa.


Just before I left, she had this conversation with her daddy:
Raegan:  "Bye, I'm going to the office."
Daddy:  "What are you going to do at the office?"
Raegan:  "Do stuff and then go get a purse."
Daddy:  "Oh, so you are going to go to the office, do stuff, get money, and go get a purse."
Raegan:  "No, Daddy, I get your money and get a purse!!!"
Daddy:  "And so it begins."
Here's what one of the three houses looked like, when I visited with all three of my children and some of my grandchildren this evening.

And for now, at least, something interesting happens if you type the words "let it snow" into Google. Go ahead, try it!

2 comments:

Susan Tidwell said...

Bonnie, that first picture is so precious! Enjoy those little ones! Merry Christmas!

Helen's Book Blog said...

Sounds like you're having a wonderful family-filled build-up to Christmas! I love seeing the wonder in childrens' eyes this time of Christmas. Oh to truly believe in Santa Claus still...