Saturday, June 28, 2008

Fifth hour (4:00-5:00 p.m. EDT) ~ REPORT

Title of book(s) I've been reading this hour (hourly # of pages):
..... Big Woods ("The Bear") ~ by William Faulkner (5 pages)
..... Total pages this hour = only 5 pages!

Books I've read (or dipped into) since I started (total # of pages):
..... A Three Dog Life ~ by Abigail Thomas (182 pages)
..... Big Woods ("The Bear") ~ by William Faulkner (15 pages)
..... Total pages today = 197 pages

Comments about this hour:
..... I'm putting aside the Faulkner book with its sentences half a page long that I have to read and re-read to make myself cognizant of what was said. I guess I'm not really much interested in a boy's "apprenticeship ... to manhood" (p. 15) by taking part in a hunt for a bear who'd been shot and trapped and mutilated multiple times since before the 16-year-old boy was born. I'm just not into that.

Time spent reading since my last post (and collectively):
10 minutes (165 minutes = 2 hour + 45 minutes)

Other participants I've visited this hour:
None

Mini-challenge this hour:
Katherine's scavenger hunt is MIA. Was it a misunderstanding about time zones? Dewey doesn't know.

1 comment:

Ana S. said...

Yes, books that demand too much concentration are probably not the best for the Read-a-thon. I hope you make some good progress in your next book!