Friday, June 27, 2008

24-hour Read-a-Thon

If you haven't heard about Dewey's 24-hour Read-a-Thon, let me explain. It’s a challenge where everyone reads at the same time. For 24 hours, people read books, blog about what's been read (and how many pages), and visit the blogs of other participants. Last time, I signed on as a cheerleader (read my posts about the October 2007 Read-a-Thon), but this time I'd rather be one of the readers. So I'm about to dash over to Dewey's blog to sign up.

Here's a short template I may use when I post updates about my reading:
Title of book(s) I've been reading this hour:
Number of books I've read (or dipped into) since I started:
Pages read, collectively, since I started:
Time spent reading since my last post:
Total amount of time spent reading so far:
Mini-challenge this hour:
Other participants I've visited:
Comments about this hour:
I am giving myself permission to put a book aside and not finish it if it’s not holding my attention. This isn't a problem, since I normally have several books going at any time (see my sidebar for confirmation).

Renay made this handy list of readers who are taking part in this 24-hour challenge. Now I wonder: Will she add my name when I go sign up in a few minutes? We shall see. (Check it out for yourself, and see if she has added my name yet.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Won't be able to participate, but did want to tell you how much I like your quote of the day. If discontent is a measure of the progress that follows, we should have a most successful few years starting in January 2009!

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Since the quote of the day is generated automatically, I had to look over at the sidebar to see what it is today:

Discontent is the first necessity of progress.
Thomas A. Edison


I love your interpretation of it, June!