Monday, April 29, 2013

Monday Mindfulness ~ positive thinking

At lunch today, I advised my best friend that I would try from now on to be positive and never negative.  My mother's oft-repeated adage was "If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all."  So how best to tell you that my apartment complex sent out a notice about a Community Yard Sale?
"Sign up for your very own table to sale all your goodies at!!"  (sell)
My inner word nerd will no longer weep in despair, but assume people can learn.  So here's a link to Common Errors in English Usage.  Now ... do I send them the link?  Or not?  (Yes, I noticed the "at" at the end of their sentence, but I'd better not comment.)

3 comments:

Ginnie said...

It really hurts to read the English language butchered like that ... but few people seem to care anymore ... I'm glad you're not one of them !

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Thanks, Ginnie. As one who taught grammar, punctuation, and writing, I do still care.

Helen's Book Blog said...

Ouch! It's funny that we all have pet peeves. Mine is people who misuse fewer and less :-)