Thursday, April 11, 2013

BTT (#33) ~ spring up

Deb @ Booking Through Thursday asks:
"What’s the last book that made you spring to your feet, eager to spread the word and tell everyone how much you enjoyed it?"
That book would be The Promise of Stardust by Priscille Sibley, a 2013 novel that I rated a 10.  I couldn't put it down and kept turning the pages.

Matt is a doctor, and his wife Elle is an astronaut.  When Elle is declared brain-dead after an accident, Matt is about to let her be removed from life support until doctors discover she is pregnant, making Matt's choice not so clear-cut.

In my review, I explained why I gave this book my highest rating, so click the link to read more about the book there.

5 comments:

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Sounds really engaging! Thanks for sharing.

And here's MY BTT POST

Kristin A. said...

I'm curious about this book now. I wonder how it ended....

Here's my BTT

Beth said...

I am sad to say that it's been a long while since I felt that way about a book, though I've enjoyed most of the books I've read. I guess probably the last one I read like that was Gilead by Marilynne Robinson.

By the way, our library finally has The Promise of Stardust, so I hope to read it soon.

Anonymous said...

This looks like a really good one.

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

I've seen this one and I keep wondering about it. If you rated it a 10, it must be really good!

2 Kids and Tired Books BTT