Saturday, June 28, 2008

Ninth hour (8:00-9:00 p.m. EDT) ~ REPORT and MINI-CHALLENGE

Title of book(s) I've been reading this hour (hourly # of pages):
..... Forgive Me ~ by Amanda Eyre Ward (17 pages)
..... Total pages this hour = 17 pages

Books I've read (or dipped into) since I started (total # of pages):
..... A Three Dog Life ~ by Abigail Thomas (182 pages)
..... Big Woods ("The Bear") ~ by William Faulkner (15 pages)
..... Memories, Dreams, Reflections ~ by Carl Jung (12 pages)
..... Rules Are Rules ~ by Julie Scandora (32 pages)
..... Forgive Me ~ by Amanda Eyre Ward (44 pages)
..... Total pages today = 285 pages

Comments about this hour:
..... I stayed awake, probably because I didn't lie down after all.
..... I continued to take written notes, which means I'm reading fewer pages than I would in the same amount of time otherwise.

Time spent reading since my last post (and collectively):
30 minutes (240 minutes = 4 hours + 30 minutes)

Other participants I've visited this hour:
None

Mini-challenge this hour:
..... Dewey's Go-Outside-for-a-Walk Mini-Challenge
..... I had to swear to Dewey that I "stopped reading, went outside, and moved my body in some way." When the rain temporarily stopped, I took out the garbage and got the mail. The garbage bin and the mail boxes are at opposite ends of my apartment complex, so I came back huffing and puffing from my quick walk ... not wanting to get caught in the next downpour, doncha know! Yes, I exercised my body instead of my brain for about 10-12 minutes. It was quite long enough, and now I want to stretch out and read. The problem: Will I fall asleep? Will I be awake enough to know when it's time for my hourly report? Stay tuned."
..... Yep, I stayed awake.

2 comments:

Eva said...

Good for you staying up!

Care said...

You are very expressive - LOVE IT! Keep reading, have fun!