Tuesday, April 9, 2019

Book review policy ~ updated April 2019


Apparently only my friends read my book review policies, but I seem to be updating them every two or three years anyway.
My policy is simple now:
Nope, not interested.
If you have looked at my blog, even a cursory glance at books I write about, you'd know I don't read thrillers or mysteries or horror or whatever bestseller "everyone" is reading.  I have enough books on my shelves right now to last the rest of my life.  I'll be 79 in a couple of weeks, so that is NOT an exaggeration.  Not only are my shelves full, I have boxes of books stacked in my bedroom and even more boxes of books in storage.  Ridiculous, I know.  But that's why getting another book "for free" doesn't interest me.

In 2016, my policy update began with these words, which have been ignored:

"I am not accepting requests for review..."

It's 2019 now.  Believe me, I really mean it.  I'm not reviewing books these days.

2 comments:

Helen's Book Blog said...

It's funny that you posted this as I feel like I have gotten more unsolicited review requests lately. Perhaps updating mine will help.

Bonnie Jacobs said...

Or maybe only our friends read our book review policies, huh? I write about books; they have books they want reviewed; therefore, I must want more books and would be willing to review theirs.