Monday, July 23, 2018

Clawdia's Gotcha Day is also Vanilla Ice Cream Day

Clawdia moved in with me three years ago.  I gave her a gotcha gift a month early this year, this catnip-double-ball-chase toy.  She played with it a bit on the first day, sniffing the catnip, and has totally ignored it ever since. Today, I slipped a thin red collar around her neck ― snap!  Unlike the dreadful red harness (see evidence above), she has basically ignored the tiny collar.  No problem whatsoever.  Who knows why?  I also have a red leash to go with it, but I think I'll wait a day or two before trying to attach it to the collar.  Maybe it will free her to go visit Donna and her other friends without having to ride in the blue carrier.  She is currently sound asleep, still wearing her new collar.  I also wrote about Gotcha Day last year and the year before.

Sandra Boynton says, "July 23 is Vanilla Ice Cream Day.  Have a sweet and uncomplicated Monday."  Should I run out and get some vanilla ice cream?  I have Black Walnut ice cream in the freezer, which is vanilla with nuts added.  Does that count?

Update:
Tiny brought vanilla ice cream!

1 comment:

Helen's Book Blog said...

I love acknowledging my dog's adoption day. They bring such joy to our lives.