Sunday, April 25, 2010

Teaser ~ House Rules

Jodi Picoult's latest novel, House Rules, is about Jacob, a boy with a form of autism called Asperger's syndrome.  Here's a quote from page 163:
Dogs are like the kids in school I cannot stand:  the ones who hang around and then leave when they realize they are not getting want they want or need from the conversation.  They travel in packs.  They lick you and you think it's because they like you, but it's really just because your fingers still smell like your turkey sandwich.

On the other hand, I think cats have Asperger's.

Like me, they're very smart.

And like me, sometimes they simply need to be left alone.

1 comment:

Susan Tidwell said...

sounds good, am waiting on my library copy to become available...

It is very interesting that I never heard of Asperger's syndrome until just recently, and since then have heard of it several times in different places.